ENTER TO WIN A $5,000 ROOM MAKEOVER FROM MONTGOEMRY'S FURNITURE!
More details can be found on the back of the Montgomery's flyer below or click here.
#GiveTodayChangeTomorrow #LIVEUNITED #UnitedWay #GIVE #ADVOCATE #VOLUNTEER
Thank you to everyone who attended the Watertown Area United Way Kick Off held Tuesday, September 6 the beginning of the 2022-2023 Campaign! Kick Off was held at Montgomery's Furniture thanks to the partnership with the Sinclair family who has made United Way a priority in their company. Also, thank you to KXLG Radio for coming to the Campaign Kick Off to cover the event!
Our 2022-2023 Wrap Up event will be Wednesday, March 1, 2023, at 5:30pm at Montgomery's. The winner of the $5,000 Room Makeover Sweepstakes will be drawn and if present can win an additional $500!
Now that campaign is coming to a close be sure to follow United Way on social media and share our posts. We need the entire community's support to reach 100% of our $715,000 goal. Funds raised will go towards our 38 local programs.
To help United Way reach goal, local businesses run internal workplace campaigns. Those campaigns unite employees and inspires a culture of philanthropy. Everyone is encouraged to give in any way they can whether it is time spent planning a workplace campaign, volunteering as a United Way campaign volunteer, or with a financial contribution to the United Way. Many offer payroll deduction as a method to give to United Way and if not, then they encourage employees to give online. Loaned Executive volunteers often visit workplaces during the Fall to lead rallies, play our annual video, and collect business packets. The workforce campaign is about raising awareness and funds to better our community and further the United Way mission. Company Leadership can share their values and personal stories with staff to serve as an example of generosity.
If your workplace is looking to campaign with Watertown Area United Way please call or email our office at (605) 886-5815 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If your workplace is looking to organize a item drive or volunteer day please contact the Watertown Volunteer Center one of United Way's funded programs at (605) 753-0282 or email@example.com.
Follow us on YouTube @WatertownAreaUnitedWay!
- Have a trained United Way volunteer or agency speaker come in EVERY year to do a rally for our workplace. TRY ADDING a rally led by a volunteer if you have not before.
- Offer incentives for giving such as a match, extra PTO if you give at a certain level, raffle of prizes or even a parking spot for those who give and make it fun for employees to give!
- Set an example and give a corporate gift. When staff sees leadership giving they are more likely to give as well.
- Use the digital assets below in your internal campaign.
- Offer a match for volunteer hours and allow staff so many volunteer hours per year to benefit community.
- Gift apparel with your company logo and United Way's logo to those who give at the Heart Club level ($500 or more annually).
- Host fun-raisers like a chili cook off, bake sale, or pie your boss if we hit workplace campaign goal.
- Ask United Way volunteer to bring in an agency speaker.
- Offer online giving as an option in place of payroll deduction. If you cannot offer payroll deduction, then individuals can click DONATE on United Way's website to set up a reoccurring gift on their own.
- qualify for the $5,000 Room Makeover by Montgomery's?
- become a Heart Club member?
- earn Rising Star status?
On the image below you can find your pay frequency down the left side. As you go across to the right on that line you can see how much you need to start giving or increase by to become a Rising Star member, get entered for the Montgomery's $5,000 Room Makeover Sweepstakes, or become a Heart Club member at the varying levels. With any questions on how to fill out the pledge card, what you gave last year, anything... call (605) 886-5815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BE ON THE LOOKOUT!
Throughout town we have six signs that will be stationed at the six businesses below to see how much we have raised.
1. City of Watertown Industrial Park
2. Reliabank, North Branch
3. Reliabank, West Branch
4. Cowboy on 81 & Hwy 212
5. First Bank & Trust
6. First Premier Bank by I-29
Download the "GIVE TODAY CHANGE TOMORROW" percentage logos below from the digital toolkit. Help United Way spread the word about campaign progress by putting the logos on your website, social media, campaign materials, and more! Be on the lookout for our NEW campaign signs across town and follow us on Facebook @WatertownUnitedWay to know what percentage we are at.
United Way will update our campaign signs every ten percent and on social media. Our Facebook cover banner and KXLG's website banner will be updated every 25% at 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%. When in doubt call the United Way office at (605) 886-5815 or email email@example.com to find out what percentage we are at. Thank you to KXLG Radio for designing this year's logo!
Follow us on Facebook page at Watertown Area United Way | Facebook.
SOCIAL MEDIA RESOURCES
Go to United Way (unitedwaystore.com) or click on the button below to purchase gear, souvenirs, and more with United Way branding. There is a wide variety of products to choose from and enjoy fast shipping with great customer service!