The Watertown Area United Way is the critical link in our community - the Board of Directors have an important responsibility to our contributors to address community issues in the Watertown Area to make positive changes in people's lives. Our three main funding focus areas are Education, Health, and Financial Stability. The mission of Watertown Area United Way is to meet human care needs of Watertown Area residents. By meeting the education, health, and financial stability needs of Watertown Area residents we can achieve our four main impact areas. To strengthen families, help Watertown Area youth succeed, support vulnerable and aging populations, and promote self-sufficiency of Watertown Area residents.
What makes strong families?
- Have the knowledge and skills to thrive.
- Live in a safe and healthy environment.
- Have access to affordable, quality services and supports.
- Have strong family and community ties.
What can help Watertown Area children and youth succeed?
Successful children and youth:
- Enjoy healthy, social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
- Have opportunities to grow and achieve their full potential.
- Have nurturing and supportive caretakers and providers.
- Have access to affordable, quality, early care and education.
- Experience safe, quality learning environments.
How can our community support vulnerable and aging Watertown Area populations?
Vulnerable and aging individuals need:
- A nurturing support system.
- Access to comprehensive health care services.
- Service that support independence and minimizes institutionalization.
- Access to emergency and transitional services that foster long-term independence.
- To be involved in decisions regarding their own care.
What does self-sufficiency of Watertown Area residents?
- Receive quality education and have life and work skills.
- Have access to quality jobs, work supports and career opportunities.
- Are supported in entrepreneurial efforts.
- Can build savings and access capital.
Who are the local programs who can help Watertown Area residents achieve one or more of these impact areas?
Watertown Area United Programs
* Agency focuses on health needs.
* Agency focuses on education needs.
* Agency focuses on financial stability needs.
- American Red Cross Serving Eastern South Dakota *
- Beacon Center *
- Boys and Girls Club of Watertown, Inc.**
- Codington County Drug Court *
- Codington County Historical Society *
- Codington County Search & Rescue **
- Community Transit of Watertown, Inc. *
- D.A.R.E. **
- East Central Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) *
- Embe, Girls on the Run **
- Girl Scouts, Dakota Horizons *
- Human Service Agency, Project Success **
- Human Service Agency, Serenity Hills *
- Interlakes Community Action Partnership, Delta Dental Mobile **
- Interlakes Community Action Partnership, Head Start Office Rent *
- Interlakes Community Action Partnership, Head Start Pre-Birth to Five Supplies ***
- Interlakes Community Action Partnership, Sixties Plus Dinning *
- Interlakes Community Action Partnership, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) *
- Lake Area Zoological Society *
- Lake Area Technical College - Adult Education & Literacy Program *
- Lutheran Social Services, Center for Financial Resources *
- Lutheran Social Services, Behavior Health Services *
- The Salvation Army of Watertown *
- Sioux Council Boy Scouts of America *
- Watertown Area people Against Child Hunger (PACH) *
- Watertown Area Swim Club **
- Watertown Baseball Association **
- Watertown Lacrosse Club **
- Watertown Laker Hockey Association *
- Watertown Parks & Recreation, Adult/Senior Activities **
- Watertown Parks & Recreation, Youth Baseball & Softball Program *
- Watertown Figure Skating Club **
- Watertown Youth Soccer Association (WYSA) *